SAFEX can only succeed in its mission if each Member Company is willing to participate actively in SAFEX - share information and attend events. Specific responsibilities include:
1. SAFEX Contact
- Appoint a SAFEX Contact with whom the SAFEX Secretariat can liaise.
- Ensure the SAFEX Contact passes information to SAFEX on behalf of the Member and distributes information from SAFEX within the member organization
2. Information sharing
- Report as soon as possible any HSSE experience from which members can learn and the industry can benefit.
- Report to the Secretariat the findings or conclusions from the incident investigations it may conduct.
- Accept that the Secretariat will distribute this information to the SAFEX community which consists of Members, Associate Members and members of the Expert Panel. Investigation Reports are distributed to Members only.
3. Information handling
- Not divulge any information a Member obtains in the course of its association with SAFEX to any third party or use such information specifically for financial gain.
- Update its member profile and contact details in the manner SAFEX prescribes.
- Pay its membership dues as specified and in good time.