Other - AEISG
Codes of Practice
AEISG produces Codes of Practice for certain explosives related activities to establish a consistent 'best practice' guide for their members in areas where there is little other guidance. These codes are developed with both industry and regulator input, but remain the 'property' of AEISG. Some regulators adopt them in their legislation, others accept them as 'approved codes', while others simply acknowledge their existence. They are available for access and use by any parties at no charge, but AEISG does maintain copyright.
These codes have been made available through SAFEX to make the safety guidance material more widely accessible. While SAFEX is not expected endorse any of the Codes, it is pleased to make them available to SAFEX Members. We thank AEISG for collaborating with us in this way to make our industry safer, healthier and environmentally friendlier everywhere.
As AEISG are always looking to improve such codes, they will appreciate feedback that will assist them in doing so.
Library of Codes
The following AEISG Codes of Practice are available. By clicking on the publication of inteest you will be redirected to the relevant link :
- Ammonium Nitrate Emulsions, Suspensions or Gels - ANEs (UN3375), Edition 2, April 2012;
- Segregation Barriers for Transporting Mixed Loads of Detonators and High Explosives, Edition 1, June 2012;
- Mobile Processing Units, Edition 2 October 2011;
- Blast Guarding in an Open Cut Mining Environment, Edition 1 March 2011;
- Elevated Temperature and Reactive Ground, Edition 3 June 2012;
- Prevention and Management of Blast Generated NOx Gases in Surface Blasting. Edition 2 August 2011.