SAFEX's effectiveness depends on its global reach, the commitment of its members and their active participation in its activities. In order to extend its worldwide influence, SAFEX encourages eligible companies to join. When a company joins SAFEX it declares its willingness to share all relevant experiences with other members via the SAFEX Secretariat.
The SAFEX Articles of Association provide for two classes of Members:
To qualify for Full Membership a member must be a bona fide manufacturer of explosives or a dedicated raw material like technical grade ammonium nitrate (TGAN). See "Who may become a Member?" Individuals cannot become Full Members of SAFEX. Full Members fall into two categories:
- Company Members - are independent companies or a subsidiary of a group of companies in which the group holds 50% or less of the shares.
- Group Members - are holding companies with a number of subsidiaries in which the group holds more than 50% of the shares
These are organisations or individuals involved in the explosives industry who share SAFEX’s commitment to improve the explosives industry’s HSSE performance as well as enhance its reputation worldwide. Associate Membership is by invitation of the Board of Governors.
If your company is a Member or wishes to become a Member you may be interested in:
- How a prospective company can join SAFEX?
- What are Members' obligations?
- What does "Membership Commitment" mean?