The Values which drive our behaviours can be summed up very simply in two words: CARE and SHARE
SAFEX Members CARE for
- People. Whether it is people who depend on us for their livelihood – our employees and customers - or those who live in the communities where we operate, their wellbeing is important to us.
- Environment. We are stewards of our planet together with people all over the world. Our goal is to hand our planet to the next generation in a better condition than we found it. Therefore, we will encourage Members to attach equal importance to the economic, social and environmental demands (the Triple Bottom Line) of doing business.
- Our Industry. The reputation of our Industry is in the hands of all those involved in it. Each one of us can promote the industry’s image by acting responsibly in whatever we do. In this way we will be seen as the positive force we are and not a threat to the wellbeing of others.
By behaving CARE-fully we also care for our businesses to the benefit of all our stakeholders.
When SAFEX Members SHARE they
- Give. They give experiences that have helped them prevent explosives incidents and minimise the harm those incidents may cause. Such experiences may be both good (where things have been done well) and also bad (where mistakes may have been made). If Members have learnt from these experiences others can learn from them too and thereby prevent unplanned incidents from recurring. Members also lend whatever support they can to any other Member that has experienced an incident and needs help to recover safely from it.
- Receive. What happens to the learning points Members "give" from their experiences? Others must receive and act on them. By “receiving” such lessons we mean Members will interpret and apply them to their specific situation. In this way the receiving Member obtains the full benefit from the experiences others have provided.
- Participate actively. The success of SAFEX initiatives, events and appeals are dependent on each Member’s willingness to share relevant information and resources with other Members. SAFEX can only succeed in its Mission if every Member gives of itself by participating actively in SAFEX’s programmes.