Who may become a SAFEX Member?
According to our Articles of Association, a SAFEX member must be a:
- Bona fide manufacturer of commercial or military explosives, explosives accessories or pyrotechnic products other than fireworks; or technical grade ammonium nitrate (TGAN).
- Company or a Group of companies. An individual person cannot become a member of SAFEX.
What does SAFEX offer its Members?
SAFEX Members learn from the explosives related Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) incidents they and other members incur as well as the practices that are developed to prevent such incidents. They also help each acquire the competencies to implement such practices.
SAFEX's offering to Members can be summarised as follows:
- Capturing and distributing incident information
- Identifying and sharing good HS&E practices through, for example, its publications
- Developing Members HS&E capabilities
- Encouraging networking among Members and with like-minded external organisations
Download "What SAFEX offers Members"
How can my Company become a SAFEX Member?
The process to become a member can be outlined as follows:
- Complete the Membership Application Form and Company Profile below.
- Submit the completed Application Form and Profile to the Secretariat.
- If the Board of Governors endorses the application the Applicant is entitled to all membership benefits pending official approval by the General Assembly of Members at the next Congress.
Download "Becoming a SAFEX Member"
Download "Company Profile"